A fabulous 8 bedroomed beach house located on the edge of Maputo Special Reserve. A perfect house for a large group of friends or the whole family.
Casa Baleia is an extremely unique holiday home in Machangulo, located on the famous sand dunes of the peninsula Santa Maria in the southernmost corner of Mozambique. The Machangulo peninsula offers privacy and security in harmony with a natural ecosystem that is being considered for World Heritage Site status. The house is situated on the sea front whilst also bordering the Maputo Special Reserve, meaning the house is close to twelve lakes and vast expanses of bushland.
- Air Conditioning
- Infinity edge heated swimming pool
- Outdoor dining area
- Multiple outdoor seating areas
- 8 Double Bedrooms
- TV room with DSTV
- Treehouse + Trampoline for kids
- 1 car available (to be driven by Arone only)
- 3 wide tyre beach bicycles, 2 for adults and 1 childs bike
- 1 surfboard - 5 Bodyboards
- Daily Housekeeping
- Chef for all meals (food to be paid on top)
- Pool and garden maintenance
- The Superior room has a double bed with a stunning view looking out onto the Indian Ocean. This room has a large bathtub and outdoor shower as well as indoor. There is a jacuzzi on the elegantly furnished balcony, with beautiful sunrise views.
Second Master Suite
- The deluxe room has a large double bed, with an indoor shower and large bathtub.
- The remaining six suites either have double or single beds (which can be connected), with en suite bathrooms all equipped with showers. There are two connecting rooms. All the suites have beautiful views of the Indian Ocean.
Helicopter – 15 mins
- A superb way of taking in the scenery of the Machangulo peninsula from Maputo. The helicopter seats five and although there are luggage restrictions, additional luggage can be transferred overnight by Dhow. The flight time is 15 mins from Maputo to Casa Baleia and landing is a short distance from the house.
Private Plane – 20 mins
- A very popular means of arriving in Machangulo is by light, private aircraft. There are a variety of plane sizes on offer and the flight time from Maputo International Airport is 20 minutes to the Machangulo runway. Casa Baleia is a short distance from the landing strip.
Boat – 1h 15 mins
- For larger groups travelling from Maputo to Machangulo, the boat is a very cost effective and adventurous means of travelling. Following a short taxi ride from the airport to the harbour, the boat will take 75 minutes where you will arrive at the marina. From the marina you will be met by the House Manager, Arone and driven by 4WD to Casa Baleia.
Car – 3h 40mins
- Should you wish to travel from Maputo to Casa Baleia, our House Manager Arone can arrange transportation from Maputo International Airport to Casa Baleia. The travel time from Maputo to Casa Baleia is 3h40m.
Meet The Team
Our round-the-clock team of travel experts can tailor a trip to your tastes, whatever the size of your budget.
Luxury Villa Specialist
A seasoned traveller, Olivia is happiest with her toes in the sand and a cocktail firmly in one hand. She combines expertise, personal knowledge and an eye for exquisite luxury to design dream holidays for families, parties and bucket list adventures.